With nine sisters, a sister-in-law, a niece, and a mom in our family that are all pretty handy in the kitchen, I thought it would be a great idea for us to pool our recipes together so that the age old question "What should I make for dinner?" will always have a ready answer. Of course, we won't be sharing only dinner recipes. We will be including desserts, side dishes, appetizers and anything else we enjoy making and/or eating, as well as tips and tricks we've picked up along the way. While the main contributors are the Sellers Sisters, we invite all of you to share your faves with us, too! Just email your recipe/tip or put it in the comments and I will turn it into a post for all to see. I hope you enjoy this and find the solution to your dinner dilemma! Enjoy! -Cari-

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

German Pancakes


This is one of my favorite recipes ever! That's probably because it is so fast and easy. Plus, I just love having breakfast for dinner! Here's a tip to make baking this more fun: When there is about five minutes left on the timer, turn on the oven light and watch it bake. You'll see it grow right before your eyes!

German Pancakes

6 Eggs
1/2 tsp. Salt
1 cup Milk
1/2 stick Margarine
1 cup Flour
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
2 Tbsp. Sugar
Cinnamon

Preheat oven to 435 degrees. Melt butter in cake pan, while oven is preheating. Whisk eggs in large bowl until thick and lemon colored. Add remaining ingredients, except Cinnamon. Mix well. Pour into cake pan, then sprinkle Cinnamon on top. Bake for 15 minutes or until middle is solid and sponge-like. Serve with your favorite toppings and enjoy!

Tips: I also sprinkle some sugar on top, which gives it a thin crispy layer on top. I've also tried this with skim milk, low fat margarine and Splenda, instead of sugar, for a healthier version. It turned out great. We ate it with sugar free syrup and it was delicious. We really couldn't tell a difference.

1 comment:

Sarah Lunt said...

Thanks Cari! As you know my girls LOVE this and Darin has to stay at school late so I think I'll make it.
Luvs,
S