With nine sisters, a sister-in-law, a niece, and a mom in our family that are all pretty handy in the kitchen, I thought it would be a great idea for us to pool our recipes together so that the age old question "What should I make for dinner?" will always have a ready answer. Of course, we won't be sharing only dinner recipes. We will be including desserts, side dishes, appetizers and anything else we enjoy making and/or eating, as well as tips and tricks we've picked up along the way. While the main contributors are the Sellers Sisters, we invite all of you to share your faves with us, too! Just email your recipe/tip or put it in the comments and I will turn it into a post for all to see. I hope you enjoy this and find the solution to your dinner dilemma! Enjoy! -Cari-

Friday, October 17, 2008

Boboli's Pizza Crust

My friend, Jessi, sent me a PDF file full of restaurant/professional recipes that I'll be sharing from time to time on here. Note that I haven't tried any of these yet, but they sound great! I LOVE making homemade pizza, so I wanted to post this recipe for pizza crust first. If you try it out, leave a comment to let me know how you liked it!



1 pk Dry Yeast
1/4 cup Water
2 1/4 cups Warm water
6 tb Olive oil,+ extra for pans
6 cups Flour
1 ts Salt

Dissolve yeast in warm water (105F is perfect). Let it sit for two minutes. Add the rest of the ingedients and mix well. Turn out onto board and knead for ten minutes. Place back in bowl covered with a damp towel and let rise 30 to 40 minutes.

Divide dough into 3 parts and place in 3 olive−oiled pie pans.

Dimple dough with fingers. Place on top the following mixture:
Coarse sea (or Kosher) salt, fresh ground pepper, chopped rosemary and thyme. If herbs are dried, soak them in water for 10 minutes and then pat dry on paper towels.

Let rise 50 to 60 minutes.

Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes.

May dip in olive oil.

No comments: