With nine sisters, a sister-in-law, a niece, and a mom in our family that are all pretty handy in the kitchen, I thought it would be a great idea for us to pool our recipes together so that the age old question "What should I make for dinner?" will always have a ready answer. Of course, we won't be sharing only dinner recipes. We will be including desserts, side dishes, appetizers and anything else we enjoy making and/or eating, as well as tips and tricks we've picked up along the way. While the main contributors are the Sellers Sisters, we invite all of you to share your faves with us, too! Just email your recipe/tip or put it in the comments and I will turn it into a post for all to see. I hope you enjoy this and find the solution to your dinner dilemma! Enjoy! -Cari-

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Easy Chicken Carbonara Pizza

This is a super easy recipe that I came up with recently and has quickly become a favorite. I don't have a picture of it at the moment, but I will take one next time I make it.


Ingredients:

Pillsbury Canned Pizza Crust (I use this one specifically, because it cooks so well and is only 2grams of fat per serving, whereas the off-brand has 7grams)
Alfredo Sauce (homemade or jarred)
2 Chicken Breasts
5 Slices of Bacon
Italian Seasonings
Mozzerella Cheese


Follow instructions on can for preparation of crust. Cut chicken breasts into bite size pieces. In a skillet, I melt 3Tb of margarine, which I cook chicken in. Cook bacon separately. (I just pop them into the microwave with paper towels under and on top of the slices. It only takes 1 minute per slice.) Spread Alfredo sauce on crust. Sprinkle desired amount of cheese on top. Top with chicken and crumbled bacon, followed by the seasonings. Bake for amount of time as instructed in the instructions for the pizza crust. I bake mine for about 15 minutes at 425 degrees. The key is to make sure the crust is golden. Another tip for making it extra tasty is to bake it on a stoneware pan (FYI: crust comes out of can rectangular), which helps it to cook evenly throughout.

No comments: