With nine sisters, a sister-in-law, a niece, and a mom in our family that are all pretty handy in the kitchen, I thought it would be a great idea for us to pool our recipes together so that the age old question "What should I make for dinner?" will always have a ready answer. Of course, we won't be sharing only dinner recipes. We will be including desserts, side dishes, appetizers and anything else we enjoy making and/or eating, as well as tips and tricks we've picked up along the way. While the main contributors are the Sellers Sisters, we invite all of you to share your faves with us, too! Just email your recipe/tip or put it in the comments and I will turn it into a post for all to see. I hope you enjoy this and find the solution to your dinner dilemma! Enjoy! -Cari-

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Turkey and Avocado Wrap- Turbo Jam Style :)

This is SO good! AND it's healthy! :)

3 1-oz. slices turkey
1 whole wheat tortilla
4 leaves of romaine lettuce or baby spinach or green leafy
1 tsp. mustard
2 slices tomato
1 oz. raw avocado

Okay, so you can change it up as much as you want. I personally don't like mustard, but I do on this. Also, I rarely think to buy tomatoes, so I leave those out. I estimate the turkey- I use 2 deli-thin slices of turkey lunchmeat and whatever lettuce/salad I have. I've also tried about 1/2 tsp. capers on it- delicious! Really adds to the flavor! (Capers are in a jar by the pickles at your local market. lol) And for the avocado- it's a MUST! SOOO good! I use half of an avocado cause I'm too lazy to look up how to measure 1 oz.

Enjoy!

No comments: